- Creation of bursary opportunities and internships
- Learners’ holiday work experience
- Participation in an educational competition to encourage appropriate spelling and contextual understanding of words – with specific reference to the insurance context.
Purpose: the promotion of the education and qualification of upcoming insurance professionals:
- With appropriate school holiday work experience for learners
- Encouragement in following study routes through approved tertiary institutions
- Future projects linking study routes with internships
- Future projects for the creation of bursary opportunities
- Run in Durban, Kwa Zulu-Natal, in 2012
- Career events that included 22 high schools in the greater Durban area
- General career event exposing the project to the public
- Rhed Oliv Insurance Brokers representatives interacted with learners, educators and parents
- Sponsorship from Frontline Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd
- Study route information supplied by the IISA
- INMAG magazines supplied by COSA Media
2012 Work experience for learners arranged by Rhed Oliv Insurance Brokers, with the support and participation of the following companies:
- Rhed Oliv Insurance Brokers
- Frontline Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd (Durban office)
- MUA Insurance Acceptances (Pty) Ltd (Durban office)
- Mutual and Federal Insurance Company (Durban office)
- Ian Hogg and Associates (Assessors)
- Megassist (vehicle recovery and roadside assistance)
My Career in Insurance is a non-profit company [2012/042385/08], formed towards the end of 2012
Gay-Lynn Rheeders – Rhed Oliv Insurance Brokers
Ashwin Jagnath – Frontline Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd
Sandra Boy – Aquarius Underwriting Managers (Pty) Ltd
Charmaine Koch – The Insurance Institute of South Africa
Please click on the cover below to view a digital copy of INMAG 2013.
INMAG is uniquely placed to show young graduates and school leavers entering the job market just how exciting and dynamic a career in our financial services niche can be.
With precious little new blood coming into the industry, INMAG provides learners with exciting career information, via their life orientation (LO) teachers, as they plot their career paths. Not only does INMAG do an astounding job of marketing the industry to this crop of bright young things, but it highlights your organisation as an attractive company to work for among students at secondary and tertiary education establishments around South Africa.